Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] Detroit Diesel 6-110 Engines

Re: [MV] Detroit Diesel 6-110 Engines

Jim Allen (jimallen@onlinecol.com)
Tue, 19 Aug 1997 13:31:33 -0700

> I am looking for Detroit Diesel 6-110 engines and parts for a
>self-propelled railroad car that I am restoring. I am posting here
>because I was under the impression that these engines were used in
>Sherman tanks during world war II. Anyone have any leads or know of any
>VFWs that have these tanks with their engins sitting in fron of their
>halls?
>
>Derek Fenton

Derek,

Your 6-110 posting brought me back a few years. I served aboard a
U.S. Army ship that used 6-110s for generator power. Even as far back as
1973, we had a devil of a time getting parts for them because, as memory
serves, they went of of production in 1953. There were also a couple of
Army tugs that had 6-110s.
Anyway, here are some obsolete parts suppliers I ran across while
researching for a book. If they don't have what you need, odds are they can
refer you. Nice guys, all! Good luck

Jim Allen

Obsolete Industries
Pleasant grove, CA