Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] I need help identifying this Deutz truck

Re: [MV] I need help identifying this Deutz truck

A. Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Wed, 20 Aug 97 20:51 MET DST

Christ S. Gryparis schrieb:
> Greetings everyone,
>
> I am romping around europe and just found this truck. It looks great to me
> and I think I am in love (my wife loves it too). I do not have a reference
> with me that can tell me anything.

Dear Christ,

the truck looks like the 7 ton (payload) truck, which was in service at the
German Bundeswehr.

If it has a dump bed, it was used to carry a caterpillar for the engineer
troops. The platform could be tilted to the rear and so the caterpillar
could drive off the truck (and later on again).

Regards from Germany
Andreas Mehlhorn