Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] Deuce-and-a halfs

Re: [MV] Deuce-and-a halfs

Steven P. Allen (spallen@rolemail.ccis.edu)
Thu, 21 Aug 1997 10:17:54 -0500

Ben,

At 07:21 AM 8/21/97 U, you wrote:

>It almost makes me sick to go to Gov't auctions and see these trucks
selling for
>as low as $150 for scrap. My hat's off to the guys that can and do keep these
>beasts alive!

Ok, Ben, you've got my attention: $150. What's the catch? If they're so
inexpensive to purchase, why do other 6x owners complain of cost? Is it
maintenance costs? Why are they so high?

I'm sure this purchase figure has intrigued many of us. I've got plenty of
room to park one (5 acres), but little cash. $150 I could come up with.
what are the pitfalls?

Steve Allen, Rolla, MO, USA