Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] part numbers

Re: [MV] part numbers

Jeff Smith M*V*P (MVPC@gte.net)
Sat, 23 Aug 1997 12:36:35 -0700

ASesso@aol.com wrote:

> I did not receieve any responses to a question concerning an m-38a1 posted
> last week so I am trying again, does anyone no of the significance of yellow
> numbers stenciled on certain parts{headlight assemblies etc.}. Which parts
> receive them and how are they best duplicated.
> Art
>Art

the stencil was for "MS" (means Mil-Standard) then the numbers that
followed MS was for that particular part Ex: MS13486 was for electrical
wire.
also on lights they sometimes put the Voltage in yellow. ex: "24V" or
"24VOLTS"
I dont know how to reproduce it yet. I was going to get with Rick Larsen
at 516-334-2411
and have him make stencils for me.

good luck
Jeff Smith M*V*P