Military-Vehicles: [MV] Re: Hello

[MV] Re: Hello

cliff dahl (wrcc@rapidcity.com)
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 20:01:19 -0600

Hi Shon:
I have a 1942 M2A1 White halftrack that I purchased about 2 years ago. I
bought this one without ever seeing it from a fellow named Marvin Mofield
in Tennesse. Before I purchased, I checked out Marvin's reputation with
everyone that I could contact that I thought might know him. It turned out
many of the people I contacted knew of Marvin because of his work with
MV's. I was treated fairly, got what was expected and am very happy when
my "track" arrived. I had made arrangements with a local freight hauler to
transport the vehicle at their convience which saved me bundles of dollars
but did take about 6 months to get. I have repaired most of the items that
needed fixing including a brake job (no fun). I have also added a couple
of dummy Browning 1919A4 machine guns and have a 50 cal. Browning dummy on
order from Lee Hutchins in California. There seem to be good sources for
halftrack parts all across the U.S. I purchase most of my parts from Rod
Shaver in Arizona and am very happy with his prices and parts. I have also
found used and NOS parts in some of the strangest places and quite close to
home, including a new pair of tracks that I got real cheap and only had to
drive 200 miles to get. There seem to be quite a few halftracks available
for sale. Check out Military Vehicle magazine for a good selection. Yes,
they can be expensive, depending what shape and what acc's are on them.
There seem to also be some pretty good deals on some of the one's I have
seen advertised, but you would want to check them out to make sure tracks,
suspension and bogies are good and that all armour is complete.

Regards,
Cliff Dahl
Rapid City, SD
wrcc@rapidcity.com
M2A1
M211 (2)
M38A1
M105

> From: Shon Elliott <selliott@fia.net>
> To: wrcc@rapidcity.com

Cliff,

> Tell me about your half track, I currently have a 41 model 1/2 Command
Car