Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] Plasma cutting

Re: [MV] Plasma cutting

Hank LaBarbara (dukw@starnetinc.com)
Wed, 03 Sep 1997 19:08:55 -0400

At 06:26 PM 9/3/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello list members,
>
>Was working on the body of my M38A1 and the plasma cutter that I acquired
>cut out gradually. <*****snip*******> message removed to save space

You may also have to change the electrode inside. This is also a consumable
part. Also check you air lines some plasma cutters don't work with out a
air line attached. Another thing is to check your ground. Maybe the wire is
bad at the clamp. Some plasma cutters will allow you to assemble the tip
with some parts in backwards. This will still provide the pilot flame but
no cutting flame.

Hank LaBarbara
Skokie, IL
dukw@starnetinc.com