Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] obtaining a title for a M-151a1

Re: [MV] obtaining a title for a M-151a1

bdk (bdk@geocities.com)
Thu, 04 Sep 1997 16:18:39 -0700

>I came across a nice M-151a1--but it
> doesn't have a title. Does anyone have experience obtaining a title in
> Virginia? How difficult is it to obtain one? Does anyone know of any >way to title this awesome little creature? Is there any hope?

It is my understanding that in California, if a vehicle has been
unregistered for 7 years it drops off the Department of Motor Vehicles
database. At this point, if the title is lost, you can apply for a new
(original issue) one without any supporting paperwork.

Can anyone verify this?