Military-Vehicles: RE: [MV] Wanted....T84 for 43 GPW

RE: [MV] Wanted....T84 for 43 GPW

Todd Paisley (paisley@erols.com)
Sun, 7 Sep 1997 02:07:32 -0400

>Just got back from Woodson Bridge meet, I checked my shelf, and I have
>the 3 variations of the GPW transmission they all have GPW7006 cast into
>the side of the case.

3 variations? What are the three? I remember seeing a transmission with
a drain plug on the opposite side of the fill plug, but I don't remember which
model transmission this was. I also went and checked the GPW
transmissions I have and they also have GPW 7006 cast into them. I
do have one early one with the drain plugs on the right side and I
couldn't tell if it was a "5" or a "6" as the last digit because the casting
was not very good. Interesting mystery as to why it isn't in any reference.

Todd Paisley