Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] 1/2t WC

Re: [MV] 1/2t WC

Auke Dijkstra (auke.dijkstra@pi.net)
Sun, 07 Sep 1997 19:47:24 -0700

HAL N. BLAISDELL wrote:

> Hello List,
> Question :
> The 1/2t WC, I am restoring has been converted to 12V Neg Grnd. system.
> I order to run early civilian gages (Dennis) must convert back to 6V Pos Grnd.
> Is it worth all the trouble?
> Hal

Hi Hal,

That's nice, we also have a 1/2 ton WC converted to 12V neg.ground.
We didn't like the wiring, it was a big mess so we ordered a repro
WC-1 wiring harness at "Precision Wiring Services".
We decided to keep the Dodge original and to avoid trouble with the
civilian 6V gages so we're changing it back to 6V pos.ground. If it
was a WC-12 with the standard round military gages, we would probably
have kept it in 12V neg.ground.
When you have a 1/2 Ton Dodge manual, it's relatively easy job
converting the system back to 6V, however you have to replace the
starter, regulator, generator and coil by 6V versions.

Regards,

Auke Dijkstra
Haaksbergen The Netherlands
Europe