Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] MB/GPW hybrid

Re: [MV] MB/GPW hybrid

Jeff Polidoro (willys@vgernet.net)
Sat, 27 Sep 1997 17:36:13 -0400

> I still suspect it's a hybrid GPW/MB -- is there any record of such a
beast
> being constructed during the war from available parts? 'On the field', so
> to speak.

The only assembly line "hybrids" I'm aware of are the few (perhaps someone
knows the actual number) GPWs built on Willys frames early on. An
acquaintance (demoted from friend) of mine has two but never sells or makes
progress on anything. That's the only crossbred piece, as far as I can
tell.

As far as, field modifications... I'm sure the rule was, "whatever it
takes."

As to "arsenal or depot" rebuilds... who cares?

JP