Military-Vehicles: Re: re: [MV] Mystery Brakes

Re: re: [MV] Mystery Brakes

SBJohnston@aol.com
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 20:51:59 -0400 (EDT)

Van Burns wrote, re brake fluid types:

>Be careful not to mix the two.
>If your system has one or the other and you wish to change,
>be sure to flush the entire system and fill with the
>fluid you choose.

I'm not sure what would have been the original type of brake fluid in my '51
M38 -- the manual specs type HB, wonder what would that translate to in
today's type-codes? And of course, who knows what other owners have used
since then. Any tips on identifying the various types of brake fluids?

Thanks!

Steve Johnston

sbjohnston@aol.com