Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV]Dust Shield on Pinion Yoke

Re: [MV]Dust Shield on Pinion Yoke

Brian & Robin Mead (bmead@mindspring.com)
Fri, 03 Oct 1997 17:03:04 -0400

Herb,
I don't know about the "Shield Dust Pinion Yoke" being optional or not, I
just know that it's a royal pain to try to cut away vines from the PTO
shaft going to the bush hog on my tractor. I imagine that it is optional
if you don't plan to be going cross-country through Kudzu or Trumpet Vine
but I know I'd sure prefer to have one just in case. If you do get tangled
up, the best thing I've found is a sheath knife with the serrated edge (or
back edge). That way you can slip the knife along the Shaft under the
vines & then cut AWAY from the vehicle & youself.(I don't want anyone out
there stabbing themselves & then crying to me) ;-)
If you do find a supplier, please tell me. I probably will need one in a
year or so.

Brian
'44 MB
'4? GPW