Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] US Navy GPW 70778

Re: [MV] US Navy GPW 70778

Tony Standefer (WillysJeep@worldnet.att.net)
Mon, 06 Oct 1997 20:52:39 -0700

Eric Arterberry wrote:

> I am restoring my GPW 70778 (Oct 7, '42) to a US Navy configuration.
> Information and pictures of these jeeps seems
> to be scarce. Can anyone help me determine what an appropriate hood number
> would have been? I believe the USN often used a 5 digit hood number. Any
> info on Navy jeeps would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Eric Arterberry
> Portland, Oregon
>
> ===

Eric

since you live in Portland, i'm going to assume that you already have
talked to Lloyd White about Navy jeeps. if not i would seriously
suggest you do so. I'm glad to see that you are restoring it to
something different ie: USMC, USN, etc. Unless you know the particular
history of your jeep. Good luck.

Tony Standefer
1944 Willys MB USMC
Seattle, Wa