Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] Radio Mounts and Antenna

Re: [MV] Radio Mounts and Antenna

SBJohnston@aol.com
Tue, 7 Oct 1997 20:39:26 -0400 (EDT)

Tom Campbell wrote:

> I am the proud new owner of two military radios.
>... they are AN/GRR-5 sets. I am looking for two mounting
> brackets to mount these to a jeep or 3/4 ton.
> I am also looking for a complete antenna for same.

I recently bought a slightly rusty but servicable MT-768 mount for my GRR-5
from Fair Radio Sales in Lima, Ohio. (419) 223-2196.

The GRR-5 receiver accepts screw-in antenna masts MS-116, 117, 118 series for
fixed operation (the same antenna sections as used with the AB-15 mobile
mount). Fair Radio sells them too. Or you can connect coaxial cable (or
wire lead-in) from a external antenna to the A and G terminals on the front
panel for mobile operation.

I've been trying to come up with a O.D. canvas cover suitable for the GRR-5.
It originally used a CW-211/U cover, but anything that fits nicely over a
15"x15"x12" object would work. I guess I could find a 45"-square piece of
scrap canvas and make one. But where to find the canvas? Hmmm. Anyone have
any suggestions?

Steve Johnston
sbjohnston@aol.com