Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] mighty-mite machine gun

Re: [MV] mighty-mite machine gun

Dan Schultz (schultz@inficad.com)
Mon, 13 Oct 1997 22:16:19 -0700

We had two different mounts for M60's in M151 Jeeps overseas. At some bases
a straight pedestal was mounted between and behind the front seats similar
to MB type. At other bases we had a "bent" pedestal mounted at the far
right of the front floor board by the passenger side door opening and the
dash. It extended up from the floor to about dash height then 90 degree
elbow to the right to just out the door opening, then another 90 degree
elbow and a short vertical section with the yoke. I don't think a 50 cal.
on a Mighty Mite would be a very good idea either as the vehicle is too
light. An M60 would be better and it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot!!!

Regards,
Dan Schultz