Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] M35A2 Fuel Consumtion

Re: [MV] M35A2 Fuel Consumtion

Jim Davidson (datadoc@fia.net)
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 08:50:10 -0700

Brent Boxall wrote:

> I am preparing to buy an M35A2 6x6 turbo diesel. Does anyone have an
> idea about fuel mileage on the highway??? at say 35-40 mph??
>
> Brent Boxall
> bboxall@chattanooga.net

Brent:
My M54A1 5-ton (multi-fuel, turbo) is rated at 4.4 MPG loaded when
running diesel. I seem to get somewhat better than that, around 6 or 7,
empty, but I do climb some pretty good hills. I'd bet your numbers will
be close to that, maybe slightly better. 'Your mileage may vary!'

JIM