Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] Submarine Source?

Re: [MV] Submarine Source?

Colin Brookes (colb@xtra.co.nz)
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 08:11:28 +1200

In message <19971028131222.18523.rocketmail@web1.rocketmail.com>, Phil
Fitzpatrick <maneatingcow@rocketmail.com> writes
>Does anyone have a source or contact where one could
>purchase a retired/obsolete diesel attack submarine?
>It could be of Chinese or Russian origin. What kind of
>issues would one have to face for something like this
>this to be in private ownership, asuming that there
>are no live arms on board and all Coast Guard regs
>were met?
>
>Any information would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thank You
>
>MEC

Hi Phil,

The boatyard at Bellvue, Portsmouth, Hampshire, England buys and sells
and cuts up submarines. I also understand Kevin Wheatcroft (descreet
owner of one of the best private collections of WW2 German equipment in
the world), was in the process of purchasing a WW2 Uboat from Sweden
late last year.

regards
Colin Brookes
Invicta Military Vehicle Preservation Society (IMPS)
colb@xtra.co.nz