Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] multi grade oils

Re: [MV] multi grade oils

bdk (bdk@geocities.com)
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 10:18:37 -0800

The FAA also approved Mobil 1 for aircraft use. Unfortunately, it doesn't work
quite as well at the high temperatures of air cooled aircraft engines, so an
Airworthiness Directive was issued to inspect engines using Mobil 1 and replace
damaged components- and aviation grade Mobil 1 was taken off the market. The
FAA is like the FDA, just because they approve it doesn't mean it's good!