Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] bren gun carrier parts

Re: [MV] bren gun carrier parts

Colin Brookes (colb@xtra.co.nz)
Sat, 1 Nov 1997 07:40:17 +1200

In message <34596DF9.6C4B@worldnet.att.net>, Tony Standefer
<WillysJeep@worldnet.att.net> writes
>I have a friend that's restoring a Mark 1 bren gun carrier and is in
>need of some parts, does anybody know of some good sources?
>
>Thanks
>
>Tony Standefer
>Seattle, Wa

Hi Tony,

There are many types of Carrier most with totally different components,
a Mk1 of what is he restoring ?....a/Canadian Pattern. b/US Pattern.
c/English Pattern. d/New Zealand Pattern. e/Australian Pattern.
f/Lloyd. g/US T16. h/T16 (Swiss). i/Windsor etc etc.

The parts scource are equally as varied.

I have exported some over the years to Virginia, California and Ohio.
The majority that I have seen for sale in the US are imported T16's from
Switzerland. If your in the Seattle area it might be one of a number of
Canadian versions. Main identity parameters are number of bogies,
tiller or wheel steering, forming of top edge of main bodywork, and
whether it is actually a 'Bren Carrier', as against any other kind of
carrier (most versions of carrier are often wrongly lumped together as
Bren Carriers, even by some quite good books of reference).

If you can give better details of it's type, I and others can probably
point him in the right direction.

regards
Colin Brookes
Invicta Military Vehicle Preservation Society (IMPS)
colb@xtra.co.nz