Re: [MV] M416 Rims...

Lida L. Bensinger (mitymite@juno.com)
Sun, 2 Nov 1997 15:26:03 -0500

> The MM wheels use cone lug nuts rather than flat
>nuts of the MUTT. So if you have tapered lug nuts you probably have MM
wheels.
True, the MM trailer M416B1 used MM wheels which have larger center hole
and larger round holes also. But these are steel, not aluminum. Also, as
stated, a spacer ring and "regular" tapered lug nuts are used. If you
have that spacer, let me know.

>As soon as I remove the etchant and dry the surface I paint it with
>zinc chromate primer. I don't think you can get zinc chromate primer any

>longer but I think that Rustolem has a clean metal primer that will work
OK.

Good aircraft suppliers have it, unless you're in Calif. or NJ comrade.

Daryl
D&L Bensinger mitymite@juno.com
2442 Main St.
Narvon, PA 17555