From: Creaddean@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 11:33:41 -0500 (EST)
To: postmaster@skylee.com
Subject: PBS documentary

Dear Postmaster:

Oregon Public Broadcasting and John Gau Productions are producing "The
Machines that Won the War," a one - hour documentary special for the
Discovery Channel. This special offers a fascinating but unfamiliar
perspective on WWII. It gets its inspiration from General Eisenhower's
remark that fives machines - the C47 airplane, the Jeep, the 2.5 ton truck,
the amphibious DUKW and the bulldozer - brought victory to the allies. While
less than a quarter of soldiers involved in the war actually saw combat,
almost everyone had an experience with one of these machines. Together or on
their own, they opened the way ahead, kept the front supplied, armies
reinforced, casualties evacuated, and commanders informed. There were the
sinews of the war.

We are looking for owner/enthusiasts of working C47s, 2.5 ton trucks, DUKWs
or Landing Crafts and bulldozers who we can interview in December.

Would you be willing to post a notice about our project on your mailing list?

Thank you for you consideration.

Sincerely yours,
Cyndee Readdean
Associate Producer