[MV] 302 and 270 ...

Lida L. Bensinger (mitymite@juno.com)
Sat, 8 Nov 1997 17:28:02 -0500

>The civy 302 comes with a 2 bbl something carb. The manifold id bigger
>than the stock 270. It is like the mil 302 but I think the carb mounting
is
>different.

Like to keep online about this project. I am planning a '42 CCKW rebuild
and am planning on the 302 also. And I'm looking for a Clark 205 or 2070V
trans. That's basically same as CCKW trans but synchronized. Haven't
found one yet. GOt a manual on 50s GMC that says they had it. The 205 has
.80 overdrive 5th and the 207 has .86 OD 5th gear. Std CCKW tranny is .80
OD.
I rebuilt my 270 so it runs 2500 RPM - a bit over the old governor's 2300
RPM.

Daryl