[MV] Re:

Jim Webster (jimweb@patching.thegap.com)
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 15:38:21 +0000

Tarheel wrote:

> I think the Ferret would make an excellent rough
> ground vehicle to use for back country transport and repair work
> on miles of water supply line which runs back into
> some really tough narrow canyon and wash country out here
> in Arizona; not to mention a real kick in the pants to
> own.

Unless your looking to kill yourself I would forget it. I drove and
commanded a ferret II for a number of years and saw a few friends killed
by their propensity to roll at high speeds and/or on rough ground. If you
are detemined to get a ferret you stand a much better chance of surviving
in a mark I

> Does anyone have any e-mail address, phone contacts
> or other addresses to anyone having a Ferret 2\3 for sale?

A Ferret 2/3 was a mark 2 with modified turret to carry Vigilant
anti-tank missiles and the turret is even higher and even more inclined
to roll the vehicle at the slightest excuse..

> A practical minded novice

Hmmm nuff said I think...

TTFN
Jim