Re: [MV] Halftrack

Michael Meister (mike@agen.tamu.edu)
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 21:40:24 -0600 (CST)

Halftracks and Scout Cars can even be pulled by a 3/4 ton diesel (at
least on the relatively flat Texas interstates) but Robert is right,
stopping is another consideration. Just be sure the trailer has brakes
if you go the 3/4 ton or 1-ton route.

Mike Meister
College Station, TX

> In a message dated 97-11-19 08:26:41 EST, R223@webtv.net writes:
>
> <<
> Question? need info on towing a halftrack. Will an equipment
> trailer,flatbed,5th wheel,20ft,2axle,20000 lb? one ton dully truck do
> it?

> The trailer will handle it. However, I would go up to a 1.5 ton (such as
> Ford Super Duty) or 2 ton truck. It is not the pulling that is the problem.
> It is stopping the load when you have to
Michael Meister "Give me an army of West Point
Class of 1997 (WHOOP!) graduates and I'll win a battle;
Department of Agricultural Engineering Give me a handful of Texas
Texas A&M University Aggies and I'll win a war."
College Station, Texas
--Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
http://www.agen.tamu.edu/~mike
mike@agen.tamu.edu