Re: [MV] Combustion heater

Jim Davidson (datadoc@fda.net)
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 17:35:42 -0800

>Greetings all,
> I have a question about the combustion heater on my GMC M211 Truck.
>Is there an exhaust pipe that goes to the outside of the truck? Mine
empties
>under the hood and the exhaust fumes can get a little thick in the cab
>sometimes.
<snip>

If you can smell the fumes like that, DON'T USE IT! Can you say 'Carbon
monoxide'? I don't know how your heater should be vented, but it's just like
engine exhaust, you wouldn't want much of that in the cab. If you notice
'flu like' symptoms (flushed cheeks, sore throat,...) after driving with the
heater on, see a doctor! Don't ignore it, it can get serious in a big hurry!
I lost a group of friends to an improperly vented gas heater in a camper
once, good thing I didn't go on THAT trip!

JIM :}