Re: [MV] M38 Carburetor acting up

Steven P. Allen (spallen@rolemail.ccis.edu)
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 15:11:07 -0600

Steve, (Have you noticed the proliferation of Steves on the list?)

At 09:15 PM 12/9/97 -0500, you wrote:
> I didn't mean to say I would want to convert to the
>electro-mechanical *nightmare* called fuel injection! In this case I was
>kidding around with the idea of mixing air and fuel using electro-magnetic
>fields, or perhaps ultrasonic sound. Not that that would be right for our
>MVs, either. But could be pretty slick Engineering project.

You're right about that. Didn't somebody concoct some sort of "fuel saver"
using an electro-magnet around the fuel line?

The theory sounds neat, but. . .well, I'm not an engineer.

>I'm sorry -- I guess you can take an Engineer out on the net but you can't
>make him think. Hmmm. Did that come out right?

Depends on whether the reader has ever had a bad experience with an engineer!

Steve Allen