Re: [MV] fuel prices -Reply

Jeff Polidoro (willys@vgernet.net)
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 20:43:49 -0500

Fresh squeezed orange juice is $11.98 per gallon here in the scenic
Berkshire Mountains ($13.98 in NYC). Bottled water is between 99 cents and
$1.29 per gallon and regular gas is between $1.13 and $1.28 in town. ($1.69
at the lake [more than Beverly Hills Exxon] but they don't count.)

What's wrong with this picture?

Why will folks pay 12 bucks a gallon for infinitely renewable OJ that you
could squeeze at home but continue to insist on cheap (once it's gone, it's
gone) fuel?

How can water cost more than gas which has to be found, pumped out of the
ground, refined, shipped, trucked, pumped out of the ground again and 50
people make money on it along the way?

If Desert Storm was about oil, what happens when Florida decides to keep
it's oranges?

Save yourself while you can. Sell those 3 mile per pterodactyl, armored
behemoths and buy a nice light, 4 cylinder Jeep. From me! Have a 45 MB
with original paint and tires but needs a complete restoration. Has
complete original driveline, nearly every original part and needs only
about 10 to 20% (depending upon what you're used to) of the sheetmetal work
usually associated with an MB. The Jeep of my dreams is arriving so I need
the room. Asking $4500 complete or $3500 if I can keep the wheels and
tires.

Regards from Otis, MA 10209
but gas _should_ cost $4.40/gal

JP