Re: [MV] Air Filter

Geoff Winnington-Ball (whiskey@netwave.ca)
Thu, 01 Jan 1998 10:50:41 -0500

--------------6CF4947A0D47F24146AAB1B6

Alan, your assessment of this issue was, as ever, spot on. Ever thought of
writing a book on this stuff? (:-)

I have used oiled foam filters for two decades now (since they first came
out for high performance dirt bikes). I also use one on my Jeep YJ.

On a small, high output motorcycle engine, the effect is great enough in
some cases to require rejetting the carb! They DO have to cleaned regularly,
though, and they WILL pass water through easily with any kind of dunking.

Thanks again, Geoff

Alan Bowes wrote:

> I think I'll stick with the oil bath air cleaner, since I'm keeping my
> current project stock, but if you're interested in total performance and
> clean air, I'd look into an oiled foam air cleaner. There are some
> low-resistance, washable elements available from companies like K&N,
> etc., that use either oil or some special solution to make the foam into
> a dirt trap.

--------------6CF4947A0D47F24146AAB1B6

begin: vcard
fn: Geoff Winnington-Ball