Re: [MV] Re: Fuel Filters

Alan Bowes (alan_bowes@phast.com)
Fri, 02 Jan 1998 10:23:13 -0700

Steven P. Allen wrote:
> ...I have one remark to share on this subject;
> it is the product of experience, not theory, and therefore
> may be of questionable use for other applications...
>
> ...Anyway, in this particular application, the oil-bath
> appears to have all necessary filtering capacity:
> when I pulled the head of our B-model for
> valve rejuvenation, I found the interior of the engine
> to be in excellent shape: very clean (but not dust-polished).
>
> Maybe not worth $.02, but submitted respectfully,
> Steve Allen
*************************

Hi Steve,

Experience is tremendously important! Without it, we wouldn't even have
theory. I'm sure that everyone on the list appreciates your insight
(it's worth MUCH more than $.02).

By the way, I also happen to like oil bath air cleaners. I think that a
properly designed one will do a pretty good job on even the smaller
particles, like pollen or micro-flakes of silica. The average oil bath
air cleaner might let some smaller particles through that might
otherwise be trapped by a different design, but they probably aren't too
significant. And I like the fact that they are reusable and don't clog
easily.

Regards,

Alan