Re: [MV] M715 ENGINE SWAP

Winne, Jim (jwinne@nettally.com)
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 20:14:45 -0500

Hi Mark,

I have seen advertised in Military Surplus Hotsheets an M-715 that had a
Chevy 292cuid six and automatic transmission put in it. I bet that a
Chevy 250 or 292 with the old four speed (like they used in trucks and
school buses) crash box would fit without much trouble. I drive an '84
Chevy with that combo and they are not any larger than my M-715's engine
and transmission. Maybe someone can give us some more on this idea. Good
luck with your project.

Jim 1967 M-715 cargo truck
1982 M-101A? trailer