Re: [MV] information for army seller products

Jeff Polidoro (willys@vgernet.net)
Thu, 25 Dec 1997 17:12:30 -0500

----------
> From: Colin Brookes <colb@xtra.co.nz>
> To: Michael Pontikos <ammo@cytanet.com.cy>
> Cc: mil-veh@skylee.com
> Subject: Re: [MV] information for army seller products
> Date: Wednesday, January 07, 1998 2:29 PM
>
> In message <34B3A403.497D@cytanet.com.cy>, Michael Pontikos
> <ammo@cytanet.com.cy> writes
> >VERY URGENT
> >
> >To whoever is interested:
> >
> >The products requested are:
> >Payment is LC Irrevocable confirmed transferable.
> >
> >M/P
>

> Since when was a 'Letter Of Credit', irrevocable ? If the buyer uses a
> bank as hookey as he is, payment can be delayed indefinitely. The only
> thing irrevocable in this world is hard cash in your hand. Unless you
> know your purchaser very well, never part with your vehicle/equipment
> for anything less.
>
> Colin Brookes

Oops! There goes the neighborhood...

We started out bickering about repro bodies and we've escalated to a full
blown arms race. Guess it does lead to the hard stuff, afterall. And to
think I just used my last Harpoon Missile!

Reminds me of Florida in the 60s. The first smugglers were just a bunch of
hippies with sailboats bringing in a load or two a year rather than get a
job and everything was done on a handshake. (So I am told.) Now you have
to count your fingers after you shake hands with the new breed of
importers.

Regards,

Jeff P

P.S. What makes you think that once you've handed over the weapons, even
the "hard cash in your hand" is not revocable? Count those fingers...