Re: [MV] "jeep" describes only '40-'45 1/4-tons?

Maurizio Beretta (pierino@tin.it)
Sat, 10 Jan 1998 20:52:40 +0100

At 20.12 09/01/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi Mil-Veh listers:
>
>In the last couple months I have run into two separate persons interested in
>military vehicles who have tried to tell me that the term "jeep" only
>applies to the MB's and GPW's of WWII. Seemed silly to me...

>Steve Johnston
>
>sbjohnston@aol.com

I suggest to have a look of the book "Selling the All American Wonder" by
Fred L. Coldwell ( mailto:Agrijeep@aol.com ) ISBN 0-910667-25-X by USM Inc
fax (612) 469 4928 (I have no interests with these men..)

You will find an intriguer story about the five years ads campaign of
Willys Overland to try to win the right to register the word "jeep" as
trademark.

Maurizio

__________
| | Maurizio Beretta mailto:pierino@tin.it
/\__----__/\ Chiasso, 11 http://space.tin.it/io/maurbere
/_/()||||()\_\ (under construction)
|_\ o||||o /_| I - Milan 20155 Maurizio_Beretta@rcm.inet.it
|_| |_| ph. + 39 2 3270228 fax + 39 2 3270228

"Gear down and locked, green lights Keep'em rolling !!
on, pressure up, I got a wheel!"
(DC-3 Co-pilot's litany)