Re: [MV] Yet another jeep in the backyard

Dan Koozer (dkoozer@pond.net)
Sun, 11 Jan 1998 13:33:28 -0800

Jim Rice wrote:
snipped
> Now, the CJ-2A. Why do I think it is early? First clue, it has the
> indentations below the drivers side opening for the shovel and axe, yet
> it also has the outside drain hole and outside factory gas filler
> opening. It's serial is 21644 with CJ-3A engine of 3J84613.
> Additionally, it is a column shift.
snipped

I beleive that if it has column shift it would be a '46 Willys CJ2A.
I've been told that it is the only year that the column shift was
offered in that model. It's fairly rare considering that it's still
column shift. Usually when the linkage wore out they converted back to a
top shifter.

BTW the subect, Re: [MV] Yet another jeep in the backyard, has special
meaning to me. The city is on me again (5 times) for violating city
codes (more than one inoperable vehicle on the property).

Dan

'42 GPW (script)
'54 Willys Utility Wagon
'63 FC170 DRW