Re: [MV] RE: M715 PARTS

Todd Paisley (paisley@erols.com)
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 10:03:50 -0500

>I've been following the discussion of M715 engines. What is it that
>makes the original engine so unreliable? Won't the vehicle retain
>its value better if in original condition?

Lack of religious maintenance. My father had a '64 Wagoneer with a 230
engine and went over 100,000 miles with no problems with the engine. (The
only problem he ever had was when he was going off-road for some firewood
and a rock hit the oil pan and knocked a small hole in it. Welded it up and
was fine.) It's a good engine if you maintain it.

Problems usually occured in the oiling system and the valve train.

Todd Paisley