Re: [MV] More XM211 Questions!

pendleto@usit.net
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 19:49:43 -0500

M211s were equipped with 302 GMC engines, no diesels. I was all so thinking
about a 350 change over, but have never gotten past the thinking stage.
Bobby Joe Pendleton II
MVPA# 17657
53 XM211
Tennessee
-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Cole <DA_Cole@compuserve.com>
To: MV list <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Date: Friday, 16 January, 1998 11:21 AM
Subject: [MV] More XM211 Questions!

Thanks to everyone for the replies regarding the XM211.

According to your replies the XM211 I'm considering buying won't be doing
much fast lane driving as 50 mph seems likely only downhill grades with a
strong tail wind.

I think that the XM211 was also made with a diesel engine. Is that truck
any faster/get better mpg than the gas version? Was the XM211 gas version
equipped with the 270 GMC engine?

Does anyone know if a swap in of a 350 Chevy is a reasonable task? The
advance adapters catalog I have doesn't list a 270 GMC engine to 350 Chevy
adapter plate. The 350 Chevy can be built to rev a lot higher than a 270
GMC and it would obviously have a lot more power.

Finally, I can probably buy this truck for $500-800. It needs 5 new tires
and is not presently running. The batteries are out of it. It does have
the REBCO trans kits which I am told is a plus. It also has a 1-2000
gallon seal coat tank on the back I have to get off and dispose of
(hazardous waste?) Should I keep looking for a different truck or does
this truck sound reasonably priced. I have no problem working on engines
myself. The truck has 27,000 miles on it.

Thanks,

Dave

=