[MV] M37 wheels (split rims)

David C. Decker (campdeck@infomagic.com)
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 22:49:23 -0800

M151 A1 wrote:

> Has anybody actually ever had a wheel company manufacture a one-piece wheel
> for use on the M-37 (or any MV for that matter)? I am curious. What was the
> cost? What was the quality? Surely, it would be easier to work with solid
> rims instead of the split rims.
>
> Thanks
> Jason
> Stockton Wheel makes custom wheels to fit about anything and they have a
great rep. A buddy of mine in Tucson had some made for his 715 to mount
44" tires. Cost was around $500 for 4 but call them and get an up to date
quote.
Question: why would it be easier to work with solid rims except mounting
tubeless tires? Split rims can be fixed in the field with the right hand
tools. Split rims do require the right training to be safe. The split rim
can take your head off if you screw up, but doing it RIGHT is no problem.
If in doubt, take it to a truck tire shop and have them do the repair.
DON'T work on split rims unless you know what you are doing!!!
We had a discussion about this a couple of months ago, if I haven't
emptied my file, I will be glad to send you some of the pros and cons.
Dave in Flagstaff, AZ
M715
M274