Re: [MV] fender help

Paul Vandervort (pgv@imaxx.net)
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:48:44 -0600

Hello All

Figured I'd put my two cents worth into this thread. There
are a total of three different styles of Military M38A1 fenders. The
original style had the center brace (that bolts to frame) with no
reinforcement covering the splice at the back half of the fender. Next
style retained the fender to frame mounting point, but included the spot
welded on reinforcement. The last style that I have found has the
reinforcement spot welded on, and the frame to fender channel is cut off
just below the fender skirt.

This is just an observation that I made while trying to
coordinate my restoration to have two matching fenders (which I couldn't
do after scouring the whole country).

Paul Vandervort

MVPA 437