Re: [MV] springs

John Edwards (ozjeep@hutch.com.au)
Sun, 25 Jan 98 06:32:13 PST

Van,

I've got info on early ones but not on late ones. I hope this info might =
help.

Re Ford 20100000 to 20163145 and Willys 2073506 to 2078606 Circa Aprl =
1942

This info is from my April 42 Parts manual. Early MB's had the same sprin=
gs on the LH & RH side fronts, 8 leaves in total. With the exception of =
the last few items A-6066 being a Torque Reaction Spring (TRS).

This info is also reflected in my May 42 Willys manual (same US numbers =
as above) where there is a picture of the torque reaction spring assy. =

NOTE: The TRS is purely part of the shackle assy.

Re Ford 20298626 to 20364862 and Willys 20443317 to 20458966 Circa June =
1943

On these later models it is slightly different as it now has the arm atta=
chment to the chassis.