Re: [MV] Non-U.S military vehicles

Alan Bowes (alan_bowes@phast.com)
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 16:47:39 -0700

Nick Bullock wrote:
> Incidentally, I've an idea I can rebuild a Number 11 cab Chevrolet C8 from a
> couple of 1/4 UNC bolts and a wheel rim, anybody any tips?

***********************************

Nick, I'm surprised, but pleased, that you would take on such a
challenging project. It is an inspiration for all of us! I must admit
that I was skeptical at first about using 1/4 UNC bolts as the basis for
a C8 reconstruction, but then it struck me...you've been holding out on
us! I'll bet you have access to a 24V reversible frammet, in which case
it would be trivial to rework the superstructure and use recombinant
dilithium crystals to energize the chronosynclastic infindibulum.

I can't wait to get home and give it a try myself!

By the way, if you need help, I can photocopy some of my manual pages
and transport them to you.

In case I didn't mention it before, my current project involves cloning
a V100 from the tail fin of a 1959 El Dorado. Someone told me it
couldn't be done, because it was a different "Cadillac," but what do
they know? Hahahahahahahahahahah.

Seriously, though, I know that vehicle cloning is risky business. You
could start with the lug nut from a Budd wheel and end up with a giant
keg of beer. Hmmm...

As always, have fun,

Alan