[MV] Fw: C2 Crash Wrecker

Dave Cole (DA_Cole@compuserve.com)
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 11:55:53 -0500

I lived in Cincinnati for a period of 14 years up until about 1 1/2 years=

ago. My cousin moved to Cincinnati some time ago after I moved there. H=
er
dad came to visit her in Cincinnati, he's an old farmer from near Toledo.=
=

They were touring around Cincinnati and came upon the old Union Terminal.=
=

Apparently he started to cry. (Quite unusual for a very husky and tough 3=
00
lb farmer!) He had forgotten that he was shipped out of the Union
Terminal when he was a kid recruited into WWII. A lot of his friends
didn't return. He won't talk about his WWII experiences. I didn't reali=
ze
until I heard that story, that Union Terminal was a key departure site f=
or
WWII soldiers from the midwest. Lots of history in that old building.

Any chance you can forward those pics on to me?? I'd love to see them. =
never heard of the name Biederman while I was in Cincinnati. I wouldn't=

be surprised if the Biederman factory is still erect. There are lots of
very old building around the site of the union terminal still.

BTW, shantyboat doesn't refer to a boat on the Ohio does it. Are you a
river rat?

Dave

Message text written by shantyboat
>From: shantyboat <shantyboat@MCIONE.com>
> To: Mick O'Farrell <mick@trinity-design.ie>
> Subject: Re: C2 Crash Wrecker
> Date: Thursday, January 29, 1998 1:31 PM
> =

> In your pic #1 of the C2 wrecker (the Biederman) , the
building