re: [MV] To Rebuild, or Not To Rebuild ?

DOConnor@zoomit.sikorsky.com
30 JAN 98 13:20:37 EST

>...find out what the condition of the engine is internally...trash a $300
>crankhaft because of debris...
Well spoken as usual Todd. A set of pan and cover gaskets would be cheap
insurance and good for peace of mind about that. If the engine can be cranked
for a compression test then it's easy to hook up an oil pressure gauge and
learn about the galleries or if that's not possible/practicle (on a stand)
then making a priming tool out of an old distributor and run the oil pump
that way to check those tiny passages. There are a lot of things that can be
done that would help and many were discussed on a similar thread not long
ago. Herb, check out those great archives Arthur keeps or if you can't find
them let me know and I'll send you a copy of the hardcopy if I can find it in
the barn.

Good Luck,
Dennis O'Connor