Re: [MV] Japanese Military Vehicles

ET Lance-Gómez (etlance@execpc.com)
Sat, 31 Jan 1998 14:01:12 -0600

I must admit I saw humor in this. To me this reflected the difference in the
philosophies of the Japanese vs Allied forces. The Allies developed efficient
hardware in great quantities; while the Japanese relied on the traditional beasts
of burden (including humans) concept. Hence a cart with 2 poles could be an
accurate description of a Japanese weapons carrier.

One can take slight in almost any context nowdays. After all the recent topic on
Sherman terminology as "Ronsons" or "Tommy Cookers" was macabre humor by the
Germans. I didn't see anyone complain about this topic.
TED