Re: [MV] N0 44 MB and no 1941 Kettenkrad

Andreas Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 09:58:10 +0100

cole@fnet.friendlynet.com schrieb:

> On the basis of a report posted on the list this week I just
> made a 200+ mile trip to look at a jeep. The post stated that this
> person had a 44 MB for-sale.
> What was actually there was anything but that.

It is a big problem, that people who want to sell vehicles often
grossly over-rate the conditon of the vehicle.

This Friday I've made a 200 miles trip (one way) to Frankfurt to
see two restored Kettenkrads which were for sale there.

The man told me that they were from 1941 (very early ones) and
that they were in condition "1", which means better than new.

What I saw when I arrived was another thing: They were late=20
Kettenkrads, one from late 1944 and one a post war modell. They
were not in a bad condition, but far away from being in condition
"1".

I've told this to the man and he was astonished. His knowlegde
about technical details of the Kettenkrad was very poor. But he
owns four of them, two restored and two unrestored! The only=20
thing he really knew was that he wanted DM 49.000 (around US-$
27.000 for each of the restored ones.

May be a correct price for a 1941 Kettenkrad in a real condition
"1", but not for them he had for sale.

So I drove 400 miles for an interesting and educational afternoon.

Regards
Andreas

=20

=20