Re: [MV] Kaiser '80 6x6?

Jim Rice (jimrice@iamerica.net)
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 10:42:04 -0600

Most likely, his truck underwent a depot level rebuild in 1980 and has a
depot level tag indicating such. It should still retain the original
year model on the dataplates. By 1980, it would have no longer been
Kaiser, rather AM General, I believe. I've been in the Army since 1981
and I don't recall having ever seen any 1980 models. Most seem to be
late sixties to early seventies at the latest.

He might also look on the left frame rail near where the steering
gearbox is attached. Somewhere in this area, it could vary by a great
deal, should be stamped on the framerail the date of manufacture.

Jim Rice
Lawton, Oklahoma
'43 Ford GPW
'46 Willys CJ-2A (parts vehicle)
'51 Jaques Power Saws built M100 Trailer
'67 Ford M151A1