Re: [MV] Bren gun Mounts for GWP/MB

Brian & Robin Mead (bmead@mindspring.com)
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 20:50:49 -0500

Howdy,
Take this one with a grain of salt. When I first started looking for a
jeep, I went to the hobby store & bought some models of MB/GPWs. I planned
to build them like the jeep I'm restoring (I decided heck with it, the real
thing is more fun). One of the models I got was Tamiya's "British Special
Air Service Jeep" Tamiya Model number 33. It has twin vickers machine guns
mounted about where you say. As best as I can tell from the photo, it was
a post about 1 1/2" to 2" secured with a bracket to the dash. The good
part is that they also show photos of the real thing. They had either a 50
cal. or the twin vickers in the photos. (the photos are credited to the
Military War Museum)
If anyone is interested, I can scan the photos and email them to you or
put them on my webspace.

Hope that helped,
Brian Mead
'44 MB