Re: [MV] M715 Parts Search

JEFF HAIN-MATSON (flmv@netrax.net)
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 08:41:31 -0500

David P. Dusenbury wrote:

> Since I got my M715 home, I decided to go thru the brakes, steering, and
> axles first, since it will make it easier and safer to pull in and out
> of the shop.
>
> Does anyone have information on NAPA or other part numbers for wheel
> cylinders? We found a set at NAPA that look right, but want to try and
> confirm.
>
> The shoes are down to the rivets The only sources I have found so far
> are:
>
> 1) NAPA, send out to have my shoes relined. Will not know cost til they
> come back, maybe three weeks later.
>
> 2) Memphis Equipment sells relined brake shoes for $20 plus a $5 core
> charge. Shipping will add up somewhat, since I have to have th new
> shoes shipped in, and the cores shipped out.
>
> I reckon to go with Memphis Equipment, unless anyone has better
> suggestions.
>
> Thanks,
>
> DP
>
> ===

1) WHEEL CLY YOU FOUND MAY BE 1 1/8" BORE BE CARFUL, I'VE WANTED TO TRY
THESE BUT AS OF YET HAVE NOT. THE CORRECT BORE SHOULD BE 1 1/16".
A.B. LINN IN N.C. USED TO HAVE WHEEL CYL..

2) WE STOCK THE SHOES WITH NO CORE CHARGE FOR $35.00 PER AXEL AND
E-BRAKE SHOE FOR $18.50.

ALL PLUS SHIPPING.

--
JEFF HAIN-MATSON