Re: [MV] m715 question trans question

ET Lance-Gómez (etlance@execpc.com)
Sun, 08 Mar 1998 14:47:03 -0600

The noise you hear is from the NP200 transfer case. This is typical due to the
transfer case's design. You can reduce the noise (this is Tony Roca advice) by:
1) making sure the preloads on the bearings are within spec (ca. 15-30 in-lb.)
2) making a shield for the exhaust pipe that passes close to the transfer case.
This is to reduce the temperature of the transfer case as much as possible.

Regarding #2, you should notice a reduction of noise in the winter, when the
outside temp is lower.

My M715 is particularly irritating around 40-42 mph when it enters a resonance
frequency.
TED