Re: [MV] West German Armor

Colin Brookes (colb@xtra.co.nz)
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 07:50:14 +1200

In message <m0yBoZa-0003KpC@fwd04.btx.dtag.de>, Andreas Mehlhorn=20
<a.mehlhorn@t-online.de> writes
>Fred Hopper schrieb:
>>
>> I have some questions on West German Armor. I have 4 vehicles that are
>> post WW II. They are smaller than, yet similar to the M-114 series Ameri=
can
>> APC. One has a turret that would house an 20mm gun, the others just have
>> hatches that have .50 BMG mounts. Any ideas?? They are powered by the Ro=
lls
>> Royce B50 series engines.
>
>I sounds as if you have some "Sch=FCtzenpanzer kurz" Hotchkiss, which
>were bulit from 1958 to 1962. This APC has a six cylinder in line petrol
>engine and is 4.5 metres long. The engine is in the front of the vehicle.
>Regards
>Andreas

Hi,

The Hotchkiss would certainly fit the bill as far as most of the=20
description goes, except in looks it isn't like the M114 it is much=20
sleeker with a sharper angled front. A number of the turreted versions=20
were on offer in the UK about four years back at around =A34000.=20

With regard to the Rolls Royce 'B' series engines. For those=20
interested, as far as I know the only 'new spares' authorised agent for=20
these engines was Jersey Aviation. With Banyard in Kent holding the=20
largest stocks of ex WD.

Colin Brookes
Invicta Military Vehicle Preservation Society (IMPS)
colb@xtra.co.nz