RE: [MV] Question about jeep

Eric J. Arterberry (ericar@pacifier.com)
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 09:20:27 -0800

If I recall correctly, the floor re-enforcements are different for the =
MB and GPW. I had to salvage remnants from my GPW and had exact =
reproductions made at work. Was the type of jeep was ever specified?

Eric Arterberry
'42 GPW

-----Original Message-----
From: DOConnor@zoomit.sikorsky.com [SMTP:DOConnor@zoomit.sikorsky.com]
Sent: Monday, March 09, 1998 9:31 AM
To: mil-veh@skylee.com
Subject: re: [MV] Question about jeep

Maybe the hat channel (that the wood is in) is rotted except for the =
ends=20
which, at a glance, gives the impression the wood is all that belongs =
there.=20
The whole thing must be replaced.=20
One source suggested to me this weekend for the oak is the scrap pile =
at a=20
local stair manufacturer. All kiln dried high quality oak in convenient=20
strips about the size required. Will be checking this soon. They =
normally=20
give the stuff away to anyone who wants it to save the cost of disposal. =
A=20
friend uses it for kindling by the truckload. Does anyone have the =
proper=20
dimensions for the various pieces required?

Dennis O'Connor
doconnor@sikorsky.com

=3D=3D=3D