Re: [MV] M135 axles

ROBERT GALLAGHER (hooterdog@worldnet.att.net)
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 07:15:17 -1000

What about the IH M5H6. They had lockers. On both rear axles I believe.

To tell if you have a diff with a traction device, try this:

Lift the wheels off the ground so they spin freely. On a 2.5 ton this
could be a job and may require removing a drive shaft.

Spin a wheel. If the wheel on the other side of the truck (same axle)
spins the SAME direction, you DO have some sort of traction device in the
diff. If the wheel on the other side spins the OPPOSITE dirrection from
the wheel you are spinning by hand, you DON'T have a traction device in the
diff.

Bob